Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bah-humbug Minute


So I’m listening to the radio this morning and I have it set to a station playing Christmas music. I don’t know why I keep listening to the local stations; they are playing the same songs 5 times a day (at the very minimum!). It’s really driving me nuts. I keep thinking about calling and offering them use of my CD collection to get some new material.

After I heard a particular song for the third time in one hour I decided to write up a list of the Christmas songs I hate.

The Little Drummer Boy (any version)
Grown Up Christmas List (any version)
Blue Christmas as done by Elvis
that Christmas Shoes song (a “chain letter” email set to music)
pretty much any Manheim Steamroller cover
Mary Did You Know?

Songs I’m starting to dislike because of overplay:
Holly Jolly Christmas
Do You Hear What I Hear?
O Holy Night

No comments: