Friday, August 29, 2008
Basal cell carcinoma is one of the two most common forms of skin cancer. If you are really interested, here is some info about it: http://www.medicinenet.com/skin_cancer/article.htm.
Now we are waiting for the dermatologist's office to call and schedule surgery to remove it. Jason will be having Mohs Surgery. It "is a micrographically controlled procedure, providing the most precise method for removal of the cancerous tissue, while sparing the greatest amount of healthy tissue." We found this info about Mohs surgery online (thank goodness for Google) at http://www.drwilliamting.com/Surgical_Dermatology.html.
The doctor told Jason that there will be a pathologist there for the surgery who will test things as they go along to make sure they get it all.
We're thankful that he decided to go in and get the bump checked out.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Yep, I've volunteered to coach Brooke's team. This will be her first year playing. She's waited patiently to be old enough to play, but there were no available teams for her and her pals to play on. Being the totally awesome mom (*sarcasm*) that I am, I told her I would be her coach and I started finding players to make up a team.
We don't start playing games until September, but we did get in one practice practice. I've been sure to mention to parents that I've NEVER coached before or even played, so the kids and I are the same soccer level. I know you run toward the goal and that if the ball goes over the line, it's out (or something like that...). I'm really excited to do this. Check in with me after the season starts to see if I still feel that way.
Time to find out if the library has a "Soccer For Dummies" book I suppose.
Friday, August 22, 2008
How much do you know about me and how much do you understand from the pictures?
My Age: 33
First Name: Heather
My Last Name: Shepherd
Grandma's Name: Lois
Place I'd Like To Travel To: Australia
Favorite Thing: Star Wars & The Muppets
Past Pet: Dog & Cat
Past Love: Potsie Webber
Favorite Food: Cottage Cheese Dumplings
Favorite Color: Blue
Bad Habit: Nibbling my nails
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
This year Luke decided he wanted a Luigi birthday cake because Luigi has an "L" on his hat. I borrowed my friend Callene's soccer ball pan and got creative.
Dane hit it right on the nose with Pokemon cards!
Boys sure do love Nerf guns, don't they? Mom may steal it and play too...
Transformers from Kobe
Skipbo (down on the side there) from James. Ahhh, Skipbo...Good times, good times...
a Mario game from Mitchell was another hit
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
2. How long did you date? 6 months counting the engagement.
3. How long have you been married? 7 years
4. Who eats more sweets? That's tough. First response is me, but when I think about it, he is always snacking on something. Um...his body just hides it better than mine?
5. Who said I love you first? Sad, I can't remember. I think he did.
6. Who is taller? He is, unless I wear heels.
7. Who is a better singer? Jason sings very well, but he won't sing loud. I tell him that it's a turn on to hear him sing and he should do it more often. People have said that I have a nice voice too.
8. Who is smarter? Depends on the subject.
9. Who does the laundry? He wears it, I wash it.
10. Who pays the bills? Jason.
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Jason. (You'll never believe how long this took me to figure out just now...)
12. Who mows the lawn? Me or Ashton Vandermyde.
13. Who cooks dinner? Me (or the people at McDonalds if I'm lucky)
14. Who drives? Jason. I HATE driving, especially in a strange city.
15. Who is more stubborn? In the old days I was stubborn, but now it's not worth it.
16. Who kissed who first? I vaguely recall it being mutual...
17. Who asked who out? He wanted to ask me out, but I was staying with a friend's kids for the weekend. They had told me I could invite a "boy" over, so I did. We played hide and seek and watched Toy Story with the kids.
18. Who is more sensitive? Me
19. Who has more siblings? Technically, we're equal, but if you asked him it's me.
20. Who wears the pants? Our kids...j/k...Jason.
Now you are all tagged! Copy and paste it to your blog!
Why is this just now occuring to me??? And why is the thought of its removal making me teary eyed????
Thursday, August 14, 2008
She took time to pose for me, and then it was out the door and off to school.
She was on her way faster than I could get out the door.
Off and running...
She gave me a wave and was on to the playground and the fun routine of Preschool.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Quentin Blake - I got hooked on Mr. Blake thanks to my Roald Dahl & Dr. Suess reading.
Maryn Roos - Yeah she's family, but she's WICKED talented. Her art has been featured in The Friend, so those of you who get it will have seen it before. It's a secret wish of mine that I could come up with a story good enough to have her illustrate and then sell millions of copies...
Richard Scarry - There is always something to look for in his books! I really like some of his older work.
Garth Williams - What would Little House on the Prairie or Charlotte's Web be without his artwork?
Lauren Child - Charlie & Lola are great, but she also has other stories that are fun. I'd really like to get Pippi Longstockings with her artwork.
Beatrix Potter - What a facinating woman. If you've never read up on her, do! My two favorite stories: The Tale of Two Bad Mice & Mrs. Tiggle-Winkle.
Mercer Mayer - I love the Little Critter, don't you?
Sandra Boynton - Animals with such cute personality.
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Wal-Mart, the library, church, the bathroom
Jaqui, Kelli, Amy, Mom
The Cheesecake Factory, Tucanos, La Luna, The Old Spaghetti Factory
Hawaii, London, bed, the bank cashing a check for a million dollars
The Office, The Big Bang Theory, Phineas & Ferb, Top Chef