Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pretty Good Day

Yesterday was a pretty good day for us. It all started when I took the kids to Wal-Mart for photos. We haven't had a picture of them together for over a year, and people had begun to comment. Anyway, they did AWESOME! I wish I had asked for a disk of the session so I could post them. Luke smiled very nicely and Brooke kept the goofy grins to a minimum.

After pictures, we headed to Grandma's house where the kids played with Megan's new kitten Misty. Luke wants a pet so bad. He told Grandpa that he will get a cat when he moves out of our house. When asked why he told Grandpa "because my Father is allergic, he sneezes and can't breathe." Brooke was terrified of the cat, but enjoyed watching Misty chase the little catnip mice we gave her for Christmas. She even got brave enough to pet the cat while I was holding it as long as it didn't look at her.

While Brooke had a Tea Party with Grandma and Megan, I took Luke to Thanksgiving Point’s Dinosaur Museum. He has been dying to go for ages and it was my big bribe for good behavior at the photo shoot. It cost $17 for just the two of us, and I questioned whether it was worth it until we got inside and Luke was going crazy. In addition to the dinosaur bones, there were lots of “Hands On” things. As long as you saw the sign with a little hand on it, you could touch away. And Luke did. I'm really bummed that I forgot the camera.

There was an area where you could build your own dinosaur with big stuffed animal pieces and a sand “table” with running water where you could build lakes, island and rivers and whatever you wanted using sand, plastic dinosaurs and plastic palm trees. We probably spent 30 minutes there maybe more. I enjoyed playing in the sand and water too. Then at the end of the museum you exit through the Quarry. Here is where you get to get into sand and brush free some dinosaur bones. Luke loved that too. He told me over and over the whole trip that he wanted to be a paleontologist when he grows up.

The good day ended with the season premier of American Idol. Jason and I watched the bad singers and cringed. I must admit that it has started to get old, and I would like to hear more of the good singers’ auditions. Perhaps tonight will provide us with the person who sings so badly that we bust a gut laughing…

No comments: