Sunday, April 15, 2007

Brooke's Birthday Cake

It was a Cinderella birthday cake this year (third birthday). I had been checking with Brooke quite frequently the last few weeks and it was Dora cake up until Friday night. I had the pan out and when she saw it she picked it up and said "What's this!?" I replied that it was the Dora cake pan for her birthday. This was not acceptable to her. She stomps her foot, puts her hands on her hips and yells at me, "I don't want a Dora cake!! I want a Cinderella cake!!!"
Mom was very kind despite the outburst. She stopped at the store, got the pan (very happy squeals follow) and stays up until midnight making the cake so it can be decorated the next day between a soccer game and Primary activity.
Many praises of the "Beautiful!" cake from the birthday girl and her big brother make it worthwhile.

No comments: