Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day #5

Hard to believe it, but this is my FIFTH Mother's Day as a mom! My day started with the kids sleeping in (I think - at least I didn't hear them until 8 am) and was greeted at 9 am (yep, fell back to sleep) by breakfast in bed (big thanks to Jason)!! That was one of the many things on my list of things to do before I die.
I asked Brooke and Luke if they would please behave during church today and not scream and fight during the prayers and talks and they agreed that for my Mother's Day gift they would do their best. Let me tell you, they did pretty darn well.
I was a little sad when they Primary kids got up to sing to the moms and Luke wouldn't go up (wouldn't go last year either). It has always been a dream of mine to see my own litte person up there singing their little heart out to me. Ah, well there's always next year when I know Brooke at least will get up and sing to me.
As I was helping Luke find clothes for church, I took the time to tell him "thank you" for making me a mommy. I explained that before he was born I was just a lady, but when he was born I became a mommy. We hugged and some tears came out of my eyes and there were "I love yous" and kisses given.
There were a lot of laughs and hugs and I love yous today and not a lot of yelling and fighting, so all in all, it was a very Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: