Monday, November 20, 2006

Mornings Suck

In a rare moment this morning, as my children played upstairs with the kids I baby-sit, I turned on the TV for myself. As I looked at the channel guide at what is offered at this hour for adults, I came to realize that I hate morning TV. This should not surprise me, as I hate mornings.

I HATE to wake up early. Now that I have kids, I’m up at 7 or before all the time. And if they do choose to sleep in, it’s on a day when my baby-sit kids are coming early.

Breakfast is something else I’m not big into. I have NEVER liked breakfast food offered at places like McDonald’s and Burger King – as a kid it was one of the worst things about cross country travel. I’m not a big fan of pancakes and waffles – I do like bacon, however. Instead, I would rather eat leftover pizza or a frozen burrito.

I also hate taking showers in the morning. I feel it is a form of torture to have to get out of a nice cozy bed and stand under water pelting down at you. And that’s not even the worst part! You still have to have to walk out of the warmth you’ve finally created into a cold morning and look longingly at your bed knowing that it will be hours before you can climb back in again.

So anyway, back to this morning. As I lay exhausted on my couch looking over the pathetic choice of shows to choose to waste my free time on, debating whether or not I wanted to make cereal to eat, I just decided to turn off the TV and hit the fridge for my leftover pizza and read a book. And they were great!

No comments: