Thursday, February 15, 2007

Funny About Food

The marquee at Ab’s Drive-In is advertising the shake flavor of the month as chocolate covered cherry. This made me shudder as I imagined those sickly syrupy chocolate covered cherries that my Dad and little brother enjoy. I REALLY don’t like them. And then I got to thinking about how I enjoy chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate oranges, so why not chocolate covered cherries? I mean I like chocolate, I like cherries…but together, not so much.

Here is a list of other foods that I started realizing that I enjoy in one form but not in another:

raw carrots are yummy , I’ll even eat them with the dirt still on them– but I hate HATE cooked carrots

enjoy fresh cherries – can’t stand maraschino cherries

love fresh green beans – have to force myself to eat canned green beans

love fresh or frozen peas – won’t touch peas from a can

love fresh or frozen corn – hate canned or creamed corn

won’t eat ketchup or tomatoes – do like spaghetti sauce or other tomato saucey things, like enchiladas

only fruity cream cheese, please or one with nuts in it on my bagel

No comments: