Friday, September 28, 2007

Christmas Letter

Every year about this time I begin my annual Christmas Letter.

I know, I know it’s WAY early, but I try to get stuff put down “on paper” so I don’t miss anything fun or interesting that has happened to us during the year. It also takes me this long to agonize over how boring and the same my life is every year - I need time to come up with interesting things about us.

Sadly this year I realized that everything of interest is on our blog. I’m just rehashing what I post daily. I suppose there are some who don’t read the blog and the news I’m providing in letter format is new to them, but still…

Perhaps I could just send out Christmas letterhead with “See our latest news at
http://jhshepherd.blogspot.com” printed in really big letters along with our family photo (which we need to get taken…)

For those of you who blog, how are you handling this little situation?

2 comments:

jess said...

that is some serious forward thinking. I haven't even thought about this issue, but really, only about 5 people read my blog, so I think I'll mostly ignore it to compose the Christmas news. OR...a picture only, no letter, that would be nice and quick. :)

Maylene said...

I never even thought about that. Well maybe that means all I have to do is send out a Christmas picture and write Merry Christmas and that's about it. Anyways, I hate doing the whole Christmas letter thing. It always takes me forever to try and think of stuff and I usually have writer's block for several weeks. Then I madly dash to the post office two days before Christmas to mail them out.