Saturday, March 22, 2008

Vacation Sure Is A Lot Of Work!

As I’m unpacking from our trip, I have realized that vacation is a lot of work (at least for me).

Before we left I spent 2 days doing laundry, then I packed the suitcases for the kids, Jason and myself. I packed up all the DVDs, kid music and other items of entertainment needed for an 11 hour car trip. I made sure we had treats for the car ride and drinks for all.

Then when we got to the condo in AZ I unloaded and unpacked all those items. As our condo had a little stack washer and dryer, I washed our swim towels after our pool visits. Then before we left last night, I washed up all the dishes in the condo, packed everything back up in suitcases and stripped the bedding and made a pile of dirty laundry for the condo housekeepers as required.

Now we are home, I’m doing laundry again and unpacking the suitcases and putting away all the entertainment items and food that we had left. I’m also tackling the dishes we have used since getting home this morning.

I have spent more time on the prep work for and clean up from the vacation then I did on the vacation! I think I need a couple of days off to recoup!

No comments: