Thursday, March 20, 2008

White Knuckled

So here we are in Arizona. So far we have survived Brooke’s near drowning in the pool and the kids sleeping together on a hide-a-bed. We’ve had some enjoyable “field trips” and my only complaint right now is the drivers around here.

Every time we get onto the road I tense up. The people around here are the WORST drivers I’ve ever seen!! They drive right next to you or tailgate each other and then weave in and out of traffic without using their blinkers. I swear we are going to get into an accident before we’re back home.

It’s so bad that I’ve taken to riding in the car with my eyes closed - I don’t want to see what’s going on around me. I’m driving Jason crazy. I keep using my imaginary brakes and gasping. Ah, well – we’ll be back to the slightly less crazy Utah driving environment in a few days and I'll be in control of a car again!

1 comment:

Maylene said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks people are horrible drivers down here. I think they are lots worse than typical Utah drivers (and I used to think that was bad). Good thing you don't see the daily news reports with all the terrible accidents. I guess our guardian angels must work hard when we drive anywhere!