Monday, April 07, 2008

From The Soundtrack To My Life

So, I never thought of explaining the reason I put the songs on here that I have – I mean, they mean something to me, but I just never thought about mentioning why. My cousin Brianne did this whole blog about the music she put on hers, so I felt rather inspired…

Landslide: I really love this song. I love the original Fleetwood Mac version and the one by the Dixie Chicks, but the Smashing Pumpkins is the version I chose. I once sang along to this song at a Peter Breinholt concert and got lots of compliments from the guys around me – man, I miss those days! Nowadays, it’s “MOMMY! Don’t Sing!! It’s my turn only!!”

I Do: This song is a REAL love song to me. You don’t hear many about the love a husband has for his wife and family.

Forever and Ever Amen: I’ve loved this song since it came out. Who doesn’t dream of being loved no matter what time does to your looks???

Look Heart No Hands: Man, Randy Travis has some of the best love songs out there! I didn’t include my other favorite “Deeper than the Holler”, but now that I’m thinking about it, I just might!

Time after Time: Another song that I love almost every version of. The kids really likes this song too. Luke prefers the techno versions though…

When You Come Back Down: I think of this as parent’s message to their child. I picture my kids when I hear this song. As a mother I’ll always be there when they come back down.

Aubrey: Love the name, love the song. Couldn’t convince Jason to name our daughter Aubrey. Should have played him this song…

Island in the Sun: I love Weezer! I chose this song because it reminds me of my vacations in Hawaii. Everything was so laid back and fun. How I wish I was on an island in the sun right now!!!

Groovy Kind of Love (Phil Collins version): I always wanted this to be OUR song, even before I had someone to be part of the OUR. On our first phone conversation, I mentioned to Jason that I liked it and he said he liked it too and so it became OUR song.

A Letter to Elise: a BIG favorite of mine. Lots of memories that I’m not sharing here. I wish I had just used Elise as Brooke’s first name not her middle!!! Strange but true, I’ve used this one as a lullaby…

Sunshine On My Shoulders: I’ve loved this song since I was little. My mommy used to sing it to me. John Denver’s music just makes me feel very relaxed. My favorite part is where he sings “If had a day that I could give you, I’d give to you a day just like today.” I imagine a perfect warm, sunny day and blowing dandelions in a big field with my kids.

Godspeed: Mommies need love songs too. I think my sister Alycia introduced me to this one. It was after my son was born and I would sit at work and listen to it and cry and think of him. Good thing I was working the helpdesk on a Sunday night alone!

1 comment:

The Justice Family said...

I think music is wonderful...It can trigger so many memories and feelings! I think it is cool that you did this blog!