Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Urges

Do ya ever get the urge to do something that you haven’t done in like YEARS?

Today I was getting Brooke ready for Preschool and her show and tell had to be something with the letter “J”. Brooke got a jump rope for Christmas and she was taking it.

I looked at it and decided to pick it up and see if I could still jump rope. I can. And I impressed my daughter too.

Next up on the list of things to do that I haven’t done for years – ride a bike. I just need to find one first, then watch out kids – be prepared to be impressed! No training wheels!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love it!!!!
I jump roped at preschool before it got cold it WAS fun and I even did a trick. 4 yr olds are easily impressed, but you know what, it felt good to impress them all the same!

I have a bike you can ride it just need air in the tires!

ducknme said...

I love the things kids are amazed over! I told Ian we did not HAVE to go to Sonic for a slushie, I could make one at home. When I did he thought that was the most amazing thing ever. I keep telling him he cant't even imagine all the things a mom can do!

Melanie said...

I tried something I hadn't tried in years a handstand it was not as successful. I flipped over and twisted my neck. Ouch! The girls just laughed and said I was a silly mom.

Shari Nelson said...

I don't even want to think of what wouls happen if I tried to jump rope. What would I break? and what would be bouncing on my body? ooohhh..... must not think about it. you are awesome that you can still jump!