Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My Random 25

Amy used her blog and tagged me ages ago, but it took my awhile to come up with these:

1. I wash all our clothes in cold water despite what the care tag says.


2. I still wonder what makes the popular people popular…

3. I wish I were talented. I’m just not as creative as my sibling and cousins. They write, draw, sew, decorate cakes…sigh. (Is yelling a talent? then nevermind, I’ve got one)

4.I wish I could hire someone to wallpaper or repaint my bathroom. I painted it a year ago and it turned out HIDEOUS! I have no desire to paint again, so it’s still there.

5. I hate the new voices of Ernie and Kermit the Frog. (RIP Jim Henson!)

6.I secretly agree with my 4 year old daughter – Mover Dave is kinda dreamy…

7. I used to dread that I would become a “cat lady” (you know, single with lots of cats). I miss my cats…

8. I secretly want a tattoo (on my ankle) and nose ring.

9. I like doing the vocals on Guitar Hero. It makes me feel famous. (Code name: Bo Peep, Band: Shepherdess)

10. Wish I could still speak Spanish as good as I could in college.

11. Love the smell of a new box of Crayola crayons.

12. I’m thankful for all the other crazy ladies in my “circle of trust”.

13. I have always wanted to be on Seasame Street. ALWAYS.

14. I really suck at math. One night when I couldn’t sleep I tried to remember the times tables from one to ten. It was a struggle for everything other than 1, 2, 5 & 10. Sad, huh?

15. I can’t fly in my dreams.

16. Ask a Ninja makes me laugh out loud (
http://askaninja.com/). Check out classic Question 20 – Killacon.

17. When a couple of cheerleaders walked by me at school the other day I was tempted to pick up a snowball and throw it at them.

18. By now I have probably been tagged by 25 people to do this thing. You’d think I could be random much more quickly. Only in real life situations people, only in real life…

19. I have so many series I’m reading that I had to create a folder in my favorites for Books so I could remember what they all are.

20. The song “Take This Job and Shove It” has been running through my mind recently.

21. Sometimes I forget how much I enjoyed working with computers. I felt a lot smarter back then…

22. I’m not a morning person. My brain is currently not functioning properly and when the phone rang a few minutes ago, it took me 2 rings to figure out what to do. I like to silently read my comics and take my time getting life started. I no longer have that luxury as a parent of school aged children and it is tough on all of us.

23. I’m getting closer to the end of this list.

24. I hate being late. This is now all I ever am thanks to uncooperative children who can’t tell time!

25. I will be going to Disneyland for the 2nd time in my life (the first was in 1980) in March. I plan to buy myself some Mickey Mouse ears and wear them. Seriously.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Love this! I have been tagged too and have been avoiding this one with a 10 ft pole. Great list of randomness. I totally think yelling is a talent! I'm the most talented yeller of them all! (And I would have thrown snowballs at the cheerleaders with you--just so you know for next time!)

Karlie said...

Don't feel bad Heather, I really suck at math too! If I was able to pull a 'B' out of my math class I'd be doing the happy dance. My dad used to work with me for hours on end and I still never quite could get it all figured out. Paul and I have an agreement that he will help our kids with math and I will help with spelling/english stuff.

Amy said...

23 doesn't count technically you still owe us one more!

I have always wanted to be on sesame street too! I love sesame street better when we were younger then the way they make it now but I will still sit down with A. when she wants to watch it.
I can't wait to hear about your trip to Disney...what is the official day you leave?

heather said...

I'm a huge fan of your list. Quite telling, if you will. I love that you hate math and think a nose ring would be cool. Is it strange that I could see the nose ring? Hmm. Oh, please don't throw a snowball at me. They aren't ALL as stereotypical as one might think.

Our Complete Family said...

Heather, how fun to find your blog! I love, love, love the family photo you have on the sidebar. It is darling and I hope you have it framed in your house. I have a lot of stuff in common with you hun~ I was nodding, 'yep, yep, yep...' to a lot of your random 25 things! So funny!
So glad to be back in touch!
Hugs, Les