Thursday, August 02, 2007

Piece of Cake

Wednesday was the official First Day of School. Luke came out looking happy and toting a Hostess cupcake with the message “Kindergarten is a piece of cake!”

Oh, how I wish that had been the case!!!! I was asked by Mrs. Drake to stick around, we needed to talk. That’s never good…

I asked Luke what was up and he got sad and said that he had a fit (aka temper tantrum). GREAT!!! First day was a flop. How are we going to survive Kindergarten????

Thankfully today was much better. They read the story of the Little Engine that Could, so today’s mantra was “I think I can.” We’ve used it all day long when the words “I can’t” come up and a fit begins. It’s helped a little bit.

The other thing they say in Luke’s class is “TCOY!” That stands for Take Care Of Yourself. When you want to tattle or have an issue with someone else the kids are told “TCOY!” It’s come in handy when the tattling about Brooke’s eyes not being closed during pray starts.

All I can say is this is going to be a big adjustment for all of us…

Posted by Picasa

No comments: