Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Roll Saga, Part 2


Well friends, 1 1/2 hours was all it took for the dough to rise to the top (and almost out of) the bowl. I forgot to take a shot of it all nice and grown up...

I've rolled the dough into lovely little balls and gotten 48 rolls out of it (wow - 4 dozen from one batch!!) The ones on the jelly roll pan are my first ones, so they aren't quite as perfect looking as the ones in the muffin tins.
Now they are all set to rise again. From the looks of them, I think it's gonna take more than an hour to rise, but I could be wrong. Hopefully they taste as nice as they are looking.

2 comments:

Jaqui said...

You're my hero. My idea of homemade rolls is this: Buy the Rhodes frozen loaf. When it is defrosted, shape it into whatever type of rolls you want (i.e. clover, parkerhouse, etc...) and let it rise from there. That way, nobody knows they aren't homemade... except I think I just spilled the beans. Whoops!

Jaqui said...

They look yummy be the way. I admire your ambition.