Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Roll Saga, Part 3

It took about 2 hours for the rolls to rise the second time, but they looked nice and round!

Sadly the first batch got a litte extra brown. The receipe listed the oven temp at 375-400 degrees.

I put them in at 375. It was too hot!! The rolls are yummy but a litte bit crusty.
The kids are snarfing them down, so it's ok. I turned down the temp to 350 and got the nicer looking ones on the left. I did quality control on one and it was all soft and yummy.

I made lots of notes on my index card for the next time I make rolls (you know in case it's YEARS from now...). All in all, I think my vote is for Rhodes rolls unless I'm trying to impress someone or I want to feel all homemakery.

7 comments:

Evan said...

They all look yummy. I too love rolls but usually we stick to Rhodes. They are easy and always work.

Kelli said...

They look great! And so yummy!

ducknme said...

I have notes on all my index cards and recipe books too. Sometimes it YEARS in between the making and I want to know what in the world it was I did last time.

Your rolls look wonderful though!

Jaqui said...

YUM! I should give being "all homemakery" a try, but I think I'm to lazy. :) They look great.

Maylene said...

They look yummy! I LOVE the smell of home-made rolls. They are lots of work though...I can't say I have made any recently. Maybe for Thanksgiving.

Shannon said...

I should have stopped by your house a couple days ago! So these are the famous rolls you started to tell me about. I didn't realize you didn't get to finish your story, but I got caught up here. They look delicious and I bet they tasted amazing. By the way, you don't need to prove that you are all homemakery by making rolls, it is already a known fact!

Amy said...

Yummy,
it was actually fun following your roll saga. thanks for sharing!