Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yard Work a.k.a Hard Work

Thanks to Jason's parents, we have a new look to our yard!

Last Tuesday we got curbing put in in the front and backyard. In front, we extended the little flower bed out from under the window to next to the stairs and around to the gate.

In the back we had it start at the bottom steps and had it go all the way around to the gate.

This is where the Hard Work title comes in. My father-in-law, Bryan, got me started on pulling up the backyard sod inside the curbing and then on Wednesday I pulled the rest up. Boy did my hands have blisters! Next day I finished the front yard and got blisters on top of my blisters! My little helpers helped me put everything I pulled out into the "green" bin. One even brought me a glass of cold water to help me keep going. I was really thankful for them.

I was thankful when my in-laws came back over that night to help start getting the dirt into the beds until Jason got home from work. Jason and I couldn't have been more blessed than to have them helping us make our yard look so wonderful. Jason hauled the dirt like a pro. I couldn't even pick the wheelbarrow up!


Here are some photos of Jason and the kids putting the dirt into the wheelbarrow. Note the types of shovels my kids chose to use (and Brooke's poses).

Luke's best comment from the night was "Isn't this fun??? We're shoveling dirt together! This is the best family night ever!!" He even turned down a chance to play the wii with his friend Mitchell to keep helping us.

Today we got rock put into the backyard. It looks so GREAT!!! I was grateful again to Bryan for coming and getting the rock put where it should go and all the other hard work that went into today's project. I just stood around sweating...I mean supervising...






Now we're ready for our Primary Presidency BBQ on Saturday. Well, not totally...I still have to mow and weed the other flower beds (notice how I didn't post photos of the whole front yard? They are awful!)

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I hate yard work! I am sure you can tell just by driving by my yard! Good job doing all that hard work! I thought it was hilarious that Luke thought that was the best family activity ever! Too cute.

Jaqui said...

It looks great! I'm impressed that you did all that in this heat-wave. I see you have a mini-model too!

Amy said...

Heather it looks great! Your kids are great!