Thursday, August 28, 2008

Soccer Mom

So, I'm adding a new title to my list of names. Coach Shepherd.


Yep, I've volunteered to coach Brooke's team. This will be her first year playing. She's waited patiently to be old enough to play, but there were no available teams for her and her pals to play on. Being the totally awesome mom (*sarcasm*) that I am, I told her I would be her coach and I started finding players to make up a team.


We don't start playing games until September, but we did get in one practice practice. I've been sure to mention to parents that I've NEVER coached before or even played, so the kids and I are the same soccer level. I know you run toward the goal and that if the ball goes over the line, it's out (or something like that...). I'm really excited to do this. Check in with me after the season starts to see if I still feel that way.


Time to find out if the library has a "Soccer For Dummies" book I suppose.

11 comments:

MarKay said...

That's so awesome of you to step up and do that! I don't think I'd have the guts. I love the pic you found too- very cute.

J said...

What a great mom you are!! You are going to have fun -- little kids are so funny playing soccer :)

Shannon said...

I think you are going to have so much fun doing this! You will be a perfect coach for the job. So who is your assistant? Does his name start with J?

ducknme said...

You ARE a totally awsome mom! I once was an assistant coach for Ian's T-ball team, it was hilarious! I spent a lot of time on first base saying "Here! Here! Run THIS way!" as they headed for third base or the pitcher's mound.

Maylene said...

Wow, that is really nice of you do volunteer to do that! I have done it a few times before and it really is a lot of work. I am so glad to just sit back and be a helpful parent this year! By the way, I really liked your previous post! So maybe I'll get around to doing one too, we'll see :)

Kelli said...

You are an awesome mom! When Sariah was left without a coach one year I made Steve do it! No way was I going to coach! Have fun.

Amy said...

Hallelujah Heather is what your new name is on my list of names. We would be lost with out you. Hey if you do need help (the not on the field kind) let me know I could do your treat schedule or be your caller if you need one. Hey thanks again for stepping up so our girls will get a good experience. You really are awesome.

Jaqui said...

You are a totally awesome mom! Thanks for being willing to take all those little 'crazies'. Let me know if you need me to assist.

heather said...

How cute are you, being the coach! You are quite the inspiration. If not only for your coaching but also for the hot pic of you with the ball. ;)

Anonymous said...

Kaden is excited to play. This will be fun for him. I am glad you asked us to play. Thank you so much. You will do great.

Jennilynn said...

Um, could you have any more on your plate?!? (That's my Chandler humor). Godd for you- I have a fear of coaching!