Friday, August 15, 2008

A Little Slap From Reality

It just occured to me as I put the pots and pans away ('cause I don't have that robot Amy suggested) that I no longer need the childproof lock thingy on this cupboard any more! Seriously, I haven't needed it on the pan cupboard for ages now, but it is a habit to open it and just put the pans and Bosch away and make sure it locks up afterward.

Why is this just now occuring to me??? And why is the thought of its removal making me teary eyed????

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I had this same realization when we moved here! I left all the child lock stuff in our old house for the people moving in--I knew we wouldn't be needing it in our new house--Ian is 3 now! So I know what you mean, and it's very sad!

Amy said...

I was going through all of the kids clothes getting rid of the things that they had grown out of. As I was packing up all the cute dresses and other Aubrey things I realized that I don't have another to save them for except cousins/neighbors. It was a sad moment knowing that no more little one of mine would ever be that small and cute. It was a teary eyed moment for me too. But I definitely was not sad enough to even think that baby #4 should enter my life.