Monday, August 11, 2008

Illustrations

I posted some of my favorite series, obviously by some of my favorite authors and now here are some of my favorite Illustrators:

Quentin Blake - I got hooked on Mr. Blake thanks to my Roald Dahl & Dr. Suess reading.

Maryn Roos - Yeah she's family, but she's WICKED talented. Her art has been featured in The Friend, so those of you who get it will have seen it before. It's a secret wish of mine that I could come up with a story good enough to have her illustrate and then sell millions of copies...

Richard Scarry - There is always something to look for in his books! I really like some of his older work.

Garth Williams - What would Little House on the Prairie or Charlotte's Web be without his artwork?

Lauren Child - Charlie & Lola are great, but she also has other stories that are fun. I'd really like to get Pippi Longstockings with her artwork.

Beatrix Potter - What a facinating woman. If you've never read up on her, do! My two favorite stories: The Tale of Two Bad Mice & Mrs. Tiggle-Winkle.

Mercer Mayer - I love the Little Critter, don't you?

Sandra Boynton - Animals with such cute personality.

3 comments:

ducknme said...

Also Carl Barks of Donald Duck fame is another good one. And MC Echer for his mind blowing spatial work.

heidivee said...

Hey Heather, just wanted to let you know my bump on the roof of my mouth is a blocked saliva gland. Gross, huh? But nothing to worry about. You should have yours checked out. You know, with all that chewing tobacco you use...you never know. Hahahaha...totally kidding. ;)

Jaqui said...

Look at your talented family! I knew you got it from somewhere. I do love Little Critter books. I also like Don Wood. His wife Aubrey Wood is an author and their books are great.