Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dear Mitchell

Dear Mitchell,




I just want to thank you for being Luke's friend. I'm grateful that you come over and play with him everyday. I'm especially grateful that you forgive him whenever he has a tantrum. You are patient with him when he gets frustrated and pouts.  You always try to get him back into a good mood.




I’m thankful when you try to let him win at games because he doesn’t understand very well that you can’t win at everything. I’m thankful you invited him to your baptism and showed him that it’s not scary. He now talks about getting baptized too.




He really looks up to you and you are a good example to him. You always encourage him to choose the right. You teach him lots of things and you always try to be the very best friend you can.


THANK YOU!!!!!



Love,




Luke’s mom

*********************************

Dear Mitchell’s Mom,




I just want to thank you for the special little boy you are raising. I feel safe with him as Luke’s friend. I hope their friendship will last a long time and that Mitchell won’t get too tired of Luke’s “growing pains”.




Thank you too for the hand you have had in teaching my children. I know that Luke had a good year in Kindergarten because of what he learned from you and your mom.




You are a great example to me. I must say that I feel honored to serve with you. I’m always impressed with how you deal with things. I hope that I am supportive enough for you. I’m always like “What? She’s asking MY opinion? She’s so together and I’m not!”




Thanks for being my friend!




Love,

Heather

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Mitchell says to tell you thanks for writing that to him and to me. He enjoys Luke's friendship and is happy you let him play with him and do the things they like to do.
I too would like to tell you, thank you! You had me blubbering this morning. It was thoughtful of you to write such nice things. I always wonder how my children act when they are away from me and just hope they are good. It helps to have feedback. I truly value the friendship that has developed between us because of the different circumstances that we have in common. Thank you for friendship, your example, knowledge and support!