Monday, July 14, 2008

Wheeler Farm Fun

Today I left my little bubble again and caravaned to Wheeler Farm with some friends. We forced the kids to pose for photos so someday we can prove to them that we did do fun things together (well, at least that's MY plan...).

Jaqui brought bread and shared with everyone. I didn't know they had geese and ducks, or I would have brought some old cereal to share. Luke loved feeding the geese and he was laughing (thank goodness) when one goose got his fingers.
Brooke liked the ponies, but they just wouldn't come when she called them...


Brooke got brave and "pet" the sheep.
After lunch the kids played in the creek and the mommies just chatted in the shade. It was perfect. As I watched the kids playing, I realized that this was the first time my kids had ever waded in a creek. It made me think of a creek not too far away that I used to wade in as a child. I was a little sad remembering my grandparents and the fact that said creek no longer exists as I remember it. There were pigs and chickens and a creek....we were in the "neighborhood"...there were old tractors everywhere...The whole visit reminded me of summers with Grandpa Walker. Next time I go, I plan on being brave and wading too!

4 comments:

heather said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm sorry I missed it. I love that you guys corralled all the kiddies for a picture. That is totally me, ' We're making memories here now dang it, so pose!'

Jaqui said...

I'm glad you had fun! I wish I would have thought to get pictures of them in the creek!

Maylene said...

Ok...that looks like the coolest place to take kids! Sydney would LOVE something like that, and Sophie too, because she loves animals. That actually seems lots funner than a zoo!

J said...

We took Z there for his 2nd birthday. It was in March and quite cold, but no one else was there and we got lots of attention from the workers and animals. It looks like you had a great time!