Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SV '08 - Burning Down the House

My brother-in-law Josh had a number of fireworks that he got after the 4th of July.  Tuesday night the rain stopped and he brought them over to their dad's house to set them off.  First he did snakes for the kids.
Then he set off the big ones.  He put one box down near the road and the other one off to the side.  Well, the sparks set the second box off and we had fireworks shooting everywhere!  They were flying into the trees and sky and falling on us in the driveway.  It sounded like machine gun fire!  Angela grabbed Ryan and Lindsey had Brooke and they all ran for the garage!  I got Luke to follow and we watched as the sky lit up.  It was amazing (and a little scary).  Good thing everything was wet and thankfully nobody called the cops on us!  I wish I had gotten some photos of the sight...
I took this one to prove that I was on the vacation too.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You must be working on this right now. It changed right after I posted a different comment. You've been busy.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad y'all had a safe vacation, looks like y'all had a good time. Gene and two of my sisters were just in that area on the way to Nauvoo. Oh, I really like the music playing on your blog. We'll have to try that out. Take care, love,Kelli